The mission of SportsEvents Magazine is to help planners of amateur sporting events and competitions be more effective, informed and successful with their events. The editorial content includes “how-to” type articles written by recognized authorities, news and information relevant to sports event planning, spotlights on destinations and sports complexes, interviews and profiles, and other items of interest to the industry.
Examples of SportsEvents editorial topics include:
- The “how-to’s” of organizing successful events;
- Legal, liability and financial issues;
- Spotlights on sports destinations and complexes;
- News and rules changes from various sports governing bodies;
- Fundraising ideas and advice;
- Interviews with sports event planners; and
- Much, much more.
Covey Communications Corp. is a media company that publishes nationally distributed magazines for targeted markets. Among its magazines are ConventionSouth, one of the leading magazines in the United States for meeting and convention planners; Condo Owner (Alabama/Mississippi/Perdido Key and Florida Emerald Coast editions); and Crossties, an internationally known railroad industry publication. Covey Communications added two new titles in 2007—the Baseball/Softball Fields & Facilities Directory and the Soccer Fields & Facilities Directory. The company is based in Gulf Shores, Alabama.